Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Just kidding!
I found this later today when I went to the grocery store for the first time! It's a little more expensive than I should probably pay for cereal here... but this time I decided it was ok.
The grocery store was an event. I did a lot of watching and then doing! Which has basically been my tactic in most things here. For example, in grocery stores in Italy you have to put on a glove before picking up the produce and then you take it to a machine and weigh it and get a sticker printed and then take it to the counter to pay for it. The first time I tried to buy an apple I picked it up with my hand, didn't weigh it or get a sticker and tried to pay for it at the meat counter- I was a little uninformed. Luckily the woman working at the meat counter was sympathetic and guided me through the process! At fruit and vegetable stands- which is where many Italians get there produce- you don't even touch anything at all. You walk in and someone working there walks around the store with you and picks up what you tell them to, apparently they don't like you touching their fruit unless it's going home with you. Don't even think about touching it. A little paranoid maybe, but it is fresh and delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
does it taste the same??
ReplyDeletepretty much... except that it has other red fruits in it! dried cherries and raspberries. still tastes like home though!
ReplyDeleteOMG! They have my Special K original too!! Just like you said.. a little taste of home :)
ReplyDelete